To be eligible for consideration, organizations must:
- Agency; ad tech firm; brand or corporate marketing department or group; or in-house agency of a marketer.
- Headquarters in North America; or have a North America headquarters or main office if world headquarters is outside of North America.
- Minimum of 15 full-time North American employees.
- Must be in business a minimum of one year
Note: You may enter as a single location of an organization. If you enter as a single location, all of the above must apply for that location, and you must apply with the location indicated in the organization’s name (e.g.: XYZ Agency (Boston)). Should you make the list, your name will include the specific office.
If you are entering as a brand or corporate marketing department or group or an in-house agency of a marketer:
- Minimum of 15 employees working in your brand or corporate marketing department or group or in-house agency (only those employees will be surveyed).
- Enter with company name, including the name of the corporate marketing department or group or in-house agency (or simply “in-house agency” if agency has no specific name).
- E.g.: XYZ Co. (ABC Division); XYZ Co. (corporate marketing); XYZ Co. (BrandX); BBB Corp. (in-house agency).
Acceptable Business or Offerings for participation:
- Ad agency
- Agency holding company (corporate staff or shared services)*
- Branding agency
- Digital agency
- Event/experiential marketing agency
- Health care agency
- Marketing agency
- Media agency
- Promotion agency
- Public relations agency
- Ad tech
- In-house agency
- Brand or corporate marketing department or group
*Corporate employees only; not agency operating units.
Best Companies Group and our partners reserve the right to exclude any participating organization that does not align with the intent and spirit of the program.
How to enter your organization
All organizations will participate in one of three ways:
1. As an individual organization possessing one Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
2. As the parent/holding company of multiple organizations with one FEIN for all subsidiaries. The parent/holding company must register with all eligible employees working for that parent/holding company.
3. Subsidiaries of a parent/holding organization may register separately if each subsidiary organization possesses a separate FEIN. If the organization has multiple facilities, branches, factories, offices or stores, all locations must be included in the survey if they operate under the same FEIN.
Which employees to include
Include all current, full- and part-time US/Canada employees in the survey process, from the CEO, partners, all the way to line-level employees, including remote employees. Remote employees are defined as employees that work from home or on the road who directly report to a supervisor in the US/Canada. Employees physically located outside of the US/Canada are not eligible.
Exclude all temporary, seasonal or per diem employees, PRN, 1099 employees/independent contractors, volunteers, interns, outside consultants or staffing employees placed by other organizations.