- Enter as a Cultivation Operation, a Dispensary Operation(1), or Both(2)
- Have 50% or more of the business coming from either Cannabis Cultivation Operations OR Cannabis Dispensary Operations
- Be a publicly or privately held business
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business
- Be based in the US or Canada
- Be legally licensed to cultivate or sell cannabis for medical and/or adult-use under a state regulatory framework (or federal program if in Canada)
- Have a minimum of 15 full-time or part-time employees working in the US or Canada
- Be in business a minimum of one year
- Be willing to be featured in Cannabis Business Times and/or Cannabis Dispensary magazines in print and/or online, if your company ranks on the Best Cannabis Companies to Work for lists.
(1) Dispensaries must have a brick-and-mortar location
(2) If your organization has both a dispensary and a cultivation operation, you must enter your operations as one registration and indicate which industry you fall under. Awards will be presented in each category. If you fall under both, please be sure to select “both” as your industry on the registration form.
(3) To ensure credibility, organizations with 15-24 employees in the cultivation or dispensary operation must have an 80% or better response rate on the employee survey (40% for employers with 25 or more employees). Temporary, per diem, PRN, seasonal, 1099 employees, independent contractors, non-employee consultants, interns and volunteers are not counted in the number of employees or included in the survey process.
Best Companies Group and our partners reserve the right to exclude any participating organization that does not align with the intent and spirit of the program.
How to enter your organization
All organizations will participate in one of three ways:
1. As an individual organization possessing one Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
2. As the parent/holding company of multiple organizations with one FEIN for all subsidiaries. The parent/holding company must register with all eligible employees working for that parent/holding company.
3. Subsidiaries of a parent/holding organization may register separately if each subsidiary organization possesses a separate FEIN. If the organization has multiple facilities, branches, factories, offices or stores, all locations must be included in the survey if they operate under the same FEIN.
Which employees to include
Include all current, full- and part-time US or Canada employees in the survey process, from the CEO, partners, all the way to line-level employees, including remote employees. Remote employees are defined as employees that work from home or on the road who directly report to a supervisor in the US or Canada. Employees physically located outside of the US or Canada are not eligible.
Exclude all temporary, seasonal or per diem employees, 1099 employees/independent contractors, volunteers, interns, outside consultants or staffing employees placed by other organizations.