- Have at least 15 employees working in US/Canada
- Primary business model must be offering product for sale either wholesale to retail and/or design businesses; or to end consumers through store(s), website(s), catalog(s) or other physical or digital platforms.
- Have a minimum of 15% of company revenue derived from the sale of furniture and/or home furnishings within US/Canada. (eg. living room, dining room, bedroom, home office or home entertainment furniture and associated décor; mattresses and rugs).
- Must be in business a minimum of 1 year
- Companies with multiple locations (ie. chain retailers) may apply corporately subject to meeting the other criteria outlined above
Best Companies Group and our partners reserve the right to exclude any participating organization that does not align with the intent and spirit of the program. To ensure credibility, organizations having 15-24 employees must have an 80% or better response rate on the employee survey. Only full and part-time permanent employees are eligible. Temporary or seasonal employees, per diem, independent contractors (1099), interns or consultants are not counted as full or part-time permanent employees or included in the survey process.
How to enter your organization
All organizations will participate in one of three ways:
1. As an individual organization possessing one Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
2. As the parent/holding company of multiple organizations with one FEIN for all subsidiaries. The parent/holding company must register with all eligible employees working for that parent/holding company.
3. Subsidiaries of a parent/holding organization may register separately if each subsidiary organization possesses a separate FEIN. If the organization has multiple facilities, branches, factories, offices or stores, all locations must be included in the survey if they operate under the same FEIN.
Which employees to include
Include all current, full- and part-time US/Canada employees in the survey process, from the CEO, partners, all the way to line-level employees, including remote employees. Remote employees are defined as employees that work from home or on the road who directly report to a supervisor in the US/Canada. Employees physically located outside of the US/Canada are not eligible.
Exclude all temporary, seasonal or per diem employees, PRN, 1099 employees/independent contractors, volunteers, interns, outside consultants or staffing employees placed by other organizations.