Please see the Outside's Best Places to Work program requirements below.
- Produce products and/or provide services that align with the core principles of Outside Magazine**
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity
- Be a publicly or privately held business
- Be based in the US
- Have a minimum of 15 full-time or part-time employees working in the US
- Must be in business a minimum of 1 year
Best Companies Group and our partners reserve the right to exclude any participating organization that does not align with the intent and spirit of the program. **Outside Magazine reserves the right to determine a company’s eligibility based on whether their corporate principles and ethos align with the standards set forth by “Outside’s Best Places to Work.”
How to enter your organization
All organizations will participate in one of three ways:
1. As an individual organization possessing one Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
2. As the parent/holding company of multiple organizations with one FEIN for all subsidiaries. The parent/holding company must register with all eligible employees working for that parent/holding company.
3. Subsidiaries of a parent/holding organization may register separately if each subsidiary organization possesses a separate FEIN. If the organization has multiple facilities, branches, factories, offices or stores, all locations must be included in the survey if they operate under the same FEIN.
Which employees to include
Include all current, full- and part-time US employees in the survey process, from the CEO, partners, all the way to line-level employees, including remote employees. Remote employees are defined as employees that work from home or on the road who directly report to a supervisor in the US. Employees physically located outside of the US are not eligible.
Exclude all temporary, seasonal or per diem employees, PRN, 1099 employees/independent contractors, volunteers, interns, outside consultants or staffing employees placed by other organizations.