We welcome all organizations that meet the eligibility requirements to participate in the Tire Industry's Best Places to Work program. To be eligible for consideration, companies must meet the following criteria:
Eligible companies include:
- Online tire business, such as Tire Rack, Simple Tire, etc.
- Franchisees of such groups such as Tire Pros, Big O Tires, etc.
- Mass Merchandiser tire stores, such as Walmart Tire and Lube express locations, Sears Tire Centers (individual stores not eligible)
- Wholesale Clubs that sell tires, such as BJ’s or Costco (individual stores no eligible)
Companies not eligible include:
- Tire importers
- Tire manufacturer-owned tire stores
- Private brand tire companies
- Auto parts outfits that do not sell tires (ex. Auto Zone, Napa)
Best Companies Group and our partners reserve the right to exclude any participating organization that does not align with the intent and spirit of the program. *To ensure credibility, organizations having 15-24 employees must have an 80% or better response rate on the employee survey.
How to enter your organization
All organizations will participate in one of three ways:
1. As an individual organization possessing one Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
2. As the parent/holding company of multiple organizations with one FEIN for all subsidiaries. The parent/holding company must register with all eligible employees working for that parent/holding company.
3. Subsidiaries of a parent/holding organization may register separately if each subsidiary organization possesses a separate FEIN. If the organization has multiple facilities, branches, factories, offices or stores, all locations must be included in the survey if they operate under the same FEIN.
Which employees to include
Include all current, full- and part-time United States employees in the survey process, from the CEO, partners, all the way to line-level employees, including remote employees. Remote employees are defined as employees that work from home or on the road who directly report to a supervisor in the United States.
Exclude all temporary, seasonal or per diem employees, PRN, 1099 employees/independent contractors, volunteers, interns, outside consultants or staffing employees placed by other organizations.