- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity
- Be a publicly or privately held business
- Have a facility or operations in the US
- Have a minimum of 15 employees working in the US
- Must be in business a minimum of one year
- Must be a stand-alone mortgage lender, mortgage broker, or mortgage servicer, or mortgage unit of a diversified financial services firm (employees’ responsibilities must be concentrated on mortgage operation – i.e., not general staff in a retail bank branch).
- Only one entry per parent company. If an origination and a servicer apply and are controlled by the same company, you must enter as one organization.
- Investment banks, securitization firms, government sponsored entities, mortgage technology companies and mortgage insurers are not eligible (although distinct origination or servicing arms of such companies may apply under the same conditions as above).
Best Companies Group and our partners reserve the right to exclude any participating organization that does not align with the intent and spirit of the program.
How to enter your organization
All organizations will participate in one of three ways:
1. As an individual organization possessing one Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
2. As the parent/holding company of multiple organizations with one FEIN for all subsidiaries. The parent/holding company must register with all eligible employees working for that parent/holding company.
3. Subsidiaries of a parent/holding organization may register separately if each subsidiary organization possesses a separate FEIN. If the organization has multiple facilities, branches, factories, offices or stores, all locations must be included in the survey if they operate under the same FEIN.
Which employees to include
Include all current, full- and part-time US employees in the survey process, from the CEO, partners, all the way to line-level employees, including remote employees. Remote employees are defined as employees that work from home or on the road who directly report to a supervisor in the US. Employees physically located outside of the US are not eligible.
Exclude all temporary, seasonal or per diem employees, PRN, 1099 employees/independent contractors, volunteers, interns, outside consultants or staffing employees placed by other organizations.