Please see the Lawn & Landscape's Best Places to Work program requirements below.
- Have 50% or more of revenue coming from landscaping services, which includes maintenance, chemical lawn care, irrigation, design/build, hardscapes, tree care and interior landscaping, landscape lighting
- Be a publicly or privately held business
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business
- Be based in the U.S. or Canada
- Have a minimum of 15 full-time or part-time employees working in the U.S. or Canada
- Must be in business a minimum of 1 year
- Be willing to be featured in Lawn & Landscape magazine in print and/or online, if your company ranks on Lawn & Landscape’s Best Places to Work lists.
Best Companies Group and our partners reserve the right to exclude any participating organization that does not align with the intent and spirit of the program.
How to enter your organization
All organizations will participate in one of three ways:
1. As an individual organization possessing one Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
2. As the parent/holding company of multiple organizations with one FEIN for all subsidiaries. The parent/holding company must register with all eligible employees working for that parent/holding company.
3. Subsidiaries of a parent/holding organization may register separately if each subsidiary organization possesses a separate FEIN. If the organization has multiple facilities, branches, factories, offices or stores, all locations must be included in the survey if they operate under the same FEIN.
Which employees to include
Include all current, full- and part-time United States/Canada employees in the survey process, from the CEO, partners, all the way to line-level employees, including remote employees. Remote employees are defined as employees that work from home or on the road who directly report to a supervisor in the United States/Canada. Employees physically located outside of the United States/Canada are not eligible.
Exclude all temporary, seasonal or per diem employees, PRN, 1099 employees/independent contractors, volunteers, interns, outside consultants or staffing employees placed by other organizations.