We welcome all organizations that meet the eligibility requirements to participate in the The Best Contractors to Work for in Construction program. To be eligible for consideration, companies must meet the following criteria:
Must be one of the following:
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity
- Be a publicly or privately held business
- Have a facility in the United States
- Must have a minimum of 15 full or part-time employees working in the US*
- Must be in business a minimum of one year
- Be one of the following types of business whose primary business activity is:
- General Building Construction
- Specialty and trades (Underground, Utility, Electrical, HVAC, Demolition, etc.)
Best Companies Group and our partners reserve the right to exclude any participating organization that does not align with the intent and spirit of the program. *To ensure credibility, organizations having 15-24 employees must have an 80% or better response rate on the employee survey.
How to enter your organization
All organizations will participate in one of three ways:
1. As an individual organization possessing one Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
2. As the parent/holding company of multiple organizations with one FEIN for all subsidiaries. The parent/holding company must register with all eligible employees working for that parent/holding company.
3. Subsidiaries of a parent/holding organization may register separately if each subsidiary organization possesses a separate FEIN. If the organization has multiple facilities, branches, factories, offices or stores, all locations must be included in the survey if they operate under the same FEIN.
Which employees to include
Include all current, full- and part-time United States employees in the survey process, from the CEO, partners, all the way to line-level employees, including remote employees. Remote employees are defined as employees that work from home or on the road who directly report to a supervisor in the United States.
Exclude all temporary, seasonal or per diem employees, PRN, 1099 employees/independent contractors, volunteers, interns, outside consultants or staffing employees placed by other organizations.