Please see the Best Banks to Work For program requirements below.
- Must have 50 employees working in the U.S.*
- Must be in business a minimum of one year
- Must be one of the following:
- Commercial Bank
- Mutual Association
- Mutual Savings Bank
- Savings and Loan Association
- Savings Bank
*Temporary or seasonal employees, per diem, independent contractors (1099), interns and consultants are not counted as full or part-time permanent employees and are not included in the survey process. *Organizations with retail or commercial banking as a primary business are eligible to participate. Employees of diversified financial services companies working in mortgage, leasing, wealth management services, real estate, insurance or other ancillary positions are eligible as long as their responsibilities and functions are housed within their company’s commercial or retail banking operation. Similarly, support staff employees that share time working for these diversified organizations (HR, administration, accounting, etc.) are eligible to participate in the survey as long as they spend a significant portion of their time on matters related to the bank business. Only the employees spending a significant portion of their time on bank business are included in the survey process. If you have questions about your organization’s eligibility, please email [email protected].
Must be one of the following categories based upon asset size:
- Under $3 billion in assets
- Between $3 billion and $10 billion in assets
- Over $10 billion in assets
- Credit Unions
- Any organization whose parent company’s primary business is not in financial services, such as organizations that are set up specifically to house a credit card business.
Best Companies Group and our partners reserve the right to exclude any participating organization that does not align with the intent and spirit of the program.
How to enter your organization
All organizations will participate in one of three ways:
1. As an individual organization possessing one Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
2. As the parent/holding company of multiple organizations with one FEIN for all subsidiaries. The parent/holding company must register with all eligible employees working for that parent/holding company.
3. Subsidiaries of a parent/holding organization may register separately if each subsidiary organization possesses a separate FEIN. If the organization has multiple facilities, branches, factories, offices or stores, all locations must be included in the survey if they operate under the same FEIN.
Which employees to include
Include all current, full- and part-time United States employees in the survey process, from the CEO, partners, all the way to line-level employees, including remote employees. Remote employees are defined as employees that work from home or on the road who directly report to a supervisor in the United States.
Exclude all temporary, seasonal or per diem employees, PRN, 1099 employees/independent contractors, volunteers, interns, outside consultants or staffing employees placed by other organizations.